• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

27 minutes ago, MaryIsobel said:

Aranchini are something I love to eat but have never made. Do you deep fry or shallow fry? Deep frying is not something I ever do. I love the result but not the process. My husband loves to make fish and chips but I insit that he does it outside because I swear the smell of deep frying lingers in our house for days.

I know you didn’t ask me, but you can bake them instead of frying if you prefer. For the best color, lightly toast the breadcrumbs first. I also spritz them with a bit of olive before baking for flavor but it’s not enough to get them evenly brown. 
Here's a link to a post where I was too lazy to toast the breadcrumbs and the arancini are rather pallid:

Here's one where I did pre toast and you can see the look much nicer. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

18 minutes ago, MaryIsobel said:

Aranchini are something I love to eat but have never made. Do you deep fry or shallow fry? Deep frying is not something I ever do. I love the result but not the process. My husband loves to make fish and chips but I insit that he does it outside because I swear the smell of deep frying lingers in our house for days.

I know you didn’t ask me, but you can bake them instead of frying if you prefer. For the best color, lightly toast the breadcrumbs first. I also spritz them with a bit of olive before baking for flavor.