• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Annie_H

Annie_H

40 minutes ago, Duvel said:

And salmon tartare for the little one …

Do love his adventurous palate. ❤️ 

I grew up in a small southern redneck town. First summer job at 15 was TastyFreeze. ---made up for it since then. 

Sunday Land and Sea. Lamb and shrimp. Lamb usually means mashed potatoes and greens. Too many good roots and veg in the crisper so I made a roasted veg tray. Golden beets and purple veg can get ugly roasted---brown. Left the beets whole and the sweet potatoes in big slices. Sliced them out of the oven to keep their color. Should have kept the carrots whole as well. Will do this from now on. My pop will love this when I visit. He loves sweet potatoes and doubt he has ever had purple. My mother boils to death, then leaves them in the water for ever. And no seasoning. Watery and tasteless. 

No sauce or gravy needed. Just the roasted garlic and lemon. Sautéed the beet greens and mostly on my plate. 

IMG_2821.jpeg

IMG_2817.jpeg

Annie_H

Annie_H

18 minutes ago, Duvel said:

And salmon tartare for the little one …

Do love his adventurous palate. ❤️ 

I grew up in a small southern redneck town. First summer job at 15 was TastyFreeze. ---made up for it since then. 

Sunday Land and Sea. Lamb and shrimp. Lamb usually means mashed potatoes and greens. Too many good roots and veg in the crisper so I made a roasted veg tray. Golden beets and purple veg can get ugly roasted---brown. Left the beets whole and the sweet potatoes in big slices. Sliced them out of the oven to keep their color. Should have kept the carrots whole as well. Will do this from now on. My pop will love this when I visit. He loves sweet potatoes and doubt he has ever had purple. My mother boils to death, then leaves them in the water for ever. And no seasoning. Watery and tasteless. 

No sauce or gravy needed. Just the roasted garlic and lemon. 

IMG_2821.jpeg

IMG_2817.jpeg