• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Dinner tonight was a disaster. As soon as I started to cook, it became very clear that my constant companion over the last ten years of cooking was gone forever. Dead. Tragically.

As soon as I poured my oil into the hot wok, I got this massive flare up underneath the wok. It took me what seemed a long time to work out what was going on. When the oil hit the hot wok, it went through a crack in the pan and onto the burner.

Somehow the pan had developed this four inch long crack in the base. It was too late to go out and give it the funeral it deserved or to go buy a new one. So I was forced to replan and make an emergency dinner.

I had some braised pig's tongue in the fridge, some dried morels and the usual aromatics. Cooked me up some penne rigate and added the aforementioned along with chilli and coriander/cilantro.

Guess what's my shopping plan in the morning.

penne2.thumb.jpg.6dcabcbec94601d600732e13c8ede373.jpg

penne.thumb.jpg.e8c84817076eba4407f3b2120b080a5f.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

Dinner tonight was a disaster. As soon as I started to cook, it becamse very clear that my constant companion over the last ten years of cooking was gone forever. Tragically.

As soon as I poured my oil into the hot wok, I got this massive flare up underneath the wok. It took me what seemed a long time to work out what was going on. When the oil hit the hot wok, it went through a crack in the pan and onto the burner.

Somehow it had developed this four inch long crack in the base. It was too late to go out and give it the funeral it deserved or to go buy a new one. So I was forced to replan and make an emergency dinner.

I had some braised pig's tongue in the fridge, some dried morels and the usual aromatics. Cooked me up some penne rigati and added the aforementioned along with chilli and coriander/cilantro.

Guess what's my shopping plan in the morning.

penne2.thumb.jpg.6dcabcbec94601d600732e13c8ede373.jpg

penne.thumb.jpg.e8c84817076eba4407f3b2120b080a5f.jpg