• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

8 hours ago, Dejah said:

Black Bean Garlic ribs in the Instant Pot

Is this similar to what we see in restaurants as the classic dim sum dish, pai gwat, which are evidently steamed?

If so, do you have an IP recipe?

I worked for a woman, in my second or third job out of college in Silicon Valley, and she would bring these in for lunch; they were awesome.  Her recipe included, if my memory serves me correctly (ha!), dried bamboo shoots, as well as the technique of blanching the ribs first.

weinoo

weinoo

8 hours ago, Dejah said:

Black Bean Garlic ribs in the Instant Pot

Is this similar to what we see in restaurants as the classic dim sum dish, pai gwat, which are evidently steamed?

If so, do you have an IP recipe?

I worked for a woman, in my second or third job out of collegein Silicon Valley, and she would bring these in for lunch; they were awesome.  Her recipe included, if my memory serves me correctly (ha!), dried bamboo shoots, as well as the technique of blanching the ribs first.