• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

My biggest recent work around was getting pans out of oven, A drop/mess/breakage plus the attendant feeling like an idiot... I realized I never have a problem taking my bread which is baked on a rimmed sheet pan out. Analyzing my "moves" I realized I pulled out knowing pan sturdy/no flex, backed up a step and set on stovetop. Doing  a sma Cornish Hen the other day I put the 8 x 8 pan  on a sheet pan. No drama, no trauma. We figure things out.

heidih

heidih

My biggest recent work around was getting pans out of oven, A drop/mess/breakage plus the attendant feeling like an idiot... I realized I never have a problem taking my bread which is baked on a rimalled sheet pan out. Analyzing my "moves" I realized I pulled out knowing pan sturdy/no flex, backed up a step and set on stovetop. Doing  a sma Cornish Hen the other day I put the 8 x 8 pan  on a sheet pan. No drama, no tauma. We figure things out.