• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

26 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

I have no plans but now I want a hot dog. It's been a couple years at least.

Same. Although I don’t have buns. White bread could work. I like to “boil” hot dogs from frozen in a pan with a NJT of water then let them “caramelize” for lack of a better term. But I don’t even know if I have hotdogs. I haven’t properly cooked in over three months.  

ETA: boil is probably the wrong word. Steam is more like it. NJ has some great hotdog manufacturers. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

23 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

I have no plans but now I want a hot dog. It's been a couple years at least.

Same. Although I don’t have buns. White bread could work. I like to “boil” hot dogs from frozen in a pan with a NJT of water then let them “caramelize” for lack of a better term. But I don’t even know if I have hotdogs. I haven’t properly cooked in over three months.