• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

12 hours ago, Eatmywords said:

So this isn't accurate?

All  I can  say is that in 25 years of living in and travelling all over China, I have never come across mustard sauce as a condiment. I can't say there is isn't a restaurant somewhere dishing it up.

Not one of my local supermarkets (or any other supermarket I've seen) has mustard on its shelves.

I just did a quick search of the largest online shopping site and there is nothing Chinese. Dijon, American and Wasabi-type stuff as I mentioned.

P.S. I've never seen mustard served in Chinese restaurants in Europe, either. It seems to be American.

liuzhou

liuzhou

6 minutes ago, Eatmywords said:

So this isn't accurate?

All  I can  say is that in 25 years of living in and travelling all over China, I have never come across mustard sauce as a condiment. I can't say there is isn't a restaurant somewhere dishing it up.

Not one of my local supermarkets (or any other supermarket I've seen) has mustard on its shelves.

I just did a quick search of the largest online shopping site and there is nothing Chinese. Dijon, French's American and Wasabi-type stuff as I mentioned.

P.S. I've never seen mustard served in Chinese restaurants in Europe, either. It seems to be American.