• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

KennethT

KennethT

Bumping (I didn't know exactly where to put this comment)

I just defrosted (in the sink) a 5# rack of pork spare ribs and pork feet from Wild Fork to make pork stock and Bak Kut Teh.  I am really impressed - the ribs were really plump and meaty and there was very little liquid in the bag.  Plus, you can't beat the prices - $2.48 per pound for the ribs and $2.88 per pound for the feet.  I don't think I could get much cheaper even by going to Chinatown, and it's certainly a lot more convenient.

20210904_095234_HDR.thumb.jpg.e6759cbe2867d5a3214e380d282ee45d.jpg

KennethT

KennethT

Bumping (I didn't know exactly where to put this comment)

I just defrosted (in the sink) a 5# rack of pork spare ribs and pork feet from Wild Fork to make pork stock and Bak Kut Teh.  I am really impressed - the ribs were really plump and meaty and there was very little liquid in the bag.  Plus, you can't beat the prices - $2.48 per pound for the ribs and $2.88 per pound for the feet.  I don't think I could get much cheaper even by going to Chinatown, and it's certainly a lot more convenient.