• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Having bought a head of Zha Cai to decorate my post in the link, it seemed opportune to cook some of it. To tell you the truth, I've been a bit off my grub since I had my first Covid vaccine a few days ago. I don't know if that is just coincidence or not. I don't feel in the least unwell; just not hungry. It could be the weather.

Anyway, I just made a simple dish of pork and zhacai with garlic and scallions. The salty spicy flavours of the zha cai seemed to perk up my taste buds. I also added a little soy sauce and even less oyster sauce. The sweetness of the oyster sauce counter-balanced the salty pickle nicely. Served with rice.

Not the prettiest dish ever; but tasty.

1024-1.thumb.jpg.560e1e421cce3be80316ad374f5328f4.jpg

1024-2.thumb.jpg.8bc2471c7438acddf2a8ca06e7434ab0.jpg

Followed up with three jam doughnuts. As all good Sichuan people do!

liuzhou

liuzhou

Having bought a head of Zha Cai to decorate my post in the link, it seemed oportune t o cook some of it.  To tell you the truth, I've been a bit off my grub since I had my first Covid vaccine. I don't know if that is just coincidence or not. I don't feel in the least unwell; just not hungry. It could be the weather.

Anyway, I just made a simpledish of pork and zhacai with garlic and scallions. The salty spicy flavours of the zha cai seemed to perk up my taste buds. I also added a little soy sauce and even less oyster sauce. The sweetness of the oyster sauce counter-balanced the salty pickle nicely. Served with rice.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Having bought a head of Zha Cai to decorate my post in the link, it seemed oportune t o cook some of it.  To tell you the truth, I've been a bit off my grub since I had my first Covid vaccine. I don't know if that is just coincidence or not. I don't feel in the least unwell; just not hungry. It could be the weather.

Anyway, I just made a simple pork and zhacai with garlic and scallions. The salty spicy flavours of the zha cai seemed to perk up my taste buds. I also added a little soy sauce and even less oyster sauce. The sweetness of the oyster sauce counter-balanced the salty pickle nicely. Served with rice.