• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

Also, got a really nice response from Misfits regarding the dreaded kale.  They responded on New Years Day which I didn't expect.  She said it wasn't a mistake--they subbed it because they were out of lettuce.  So *shrug* I will figure out something to do with it. 

50755451737_8cb8ff0b5e_o.jpgSeeing this salad on Eater LA from Win Dow in Venice, Ca reminded me that I have done salads with the springy kale- can be massaged and let to sit for a couple days, giving it a stir daily. Cathy Chaplin who I trust  described it as one of the best things she ate last week well-massaged kale dressed in a lemon vinaigrette along with pine nuts, croutons, golden raisins, and a dusting of pecorino

heidih

heidih

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

Also, got a really nice response from Misfits regarding the dreaded kale.  They responded on New Years Day which I didn't expect.  She said it wasn't a mistake--they subbed it because they were out of lettuce.  So *shrug* I will figure out something to do with it. 

50755451737_8cb8ff0b5e_o.jpgSeeing this salad on Eater LA from Win Dow in Venice, Ca reminded me that I have done salads with the springy kale- can be massaged and let to sit for a couple days, giving it a stir daily. Cathy Chaplin described it a one of the best things she ate last week well-massaged kale dressed in a lemon vinaigrette along with pine nuts, croutons, golden raisins, and a dusting of pecorino