• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

21 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? Power Flowers are made to colour white chocolate.

What are they doing with all this colored white chocolate?   Maybe its more of a hotel/high volume thing, to quickly make colorful garnishes.

Admittedly, I rarely shell in white, but say you're making three colors of bonbons.  You can temper three colors of cocoa butter then temper a bunch of white chocolate for the shells then temper it again for the bottoms, that's 5 things, or you can temper each of three colors of white chocolate twice, once for the shell and once for the bottom, that's 6 things.  (which only takes a moment with the EZ temper but is a drag if you're doing it by hand 😉) I guess you could bottom them all in white, thus saving 2 steps ...

I think they're just trying to sell you more color! 🤪

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

6 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? Power Flowers are made to colour white chocolate.

What are they doing with all this colored white chocolate?   Maybe its more of a hotel/high volume thing, to quickly make colorful garnishes.

Admittedly, I rarely shell in white, but say you're making three colors of bonbons.  You can temper three colors of cocoa butter then temper a bunch of white chocolate for the shells then temper it again for the bottoms, that's 5 things, or you can temper each of three colors of white chocolate twice, once for the shell and once for the bottom, that's 6 things.  (which only takes a moment with the EZ temper but is a drag if you're doing it by hand 😉)

I think they're just trying to sell you more color! 🤪