• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

To add link

36 minutes ago, Anna N said:

it occurred to me to wonder about caramelized onions in the instant pot and I came across this very interesting take on that idea!

click

I don’t recommend that method. I think I mentioned on it in one of the IP threads here but you can also scroll down to the first few comments on that Serious Eats recipe to read my experience.  There was so much liquid after releasing pressure that it took forever to reduce using the sauté function.  No time saving in the end. 
Edited to add a link to my comments here:

As you can see from the photos, the texture is very jammy.  That's not a bad thing but I still don’t think the recipe is a big timesaver. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

27 minutes ago, Anna N said:

it occurred to me to wonder about caramelized onions in the instant pot and I came across this very interesting take on that idea!

click

I don’t recommend that method. I think I mentioned on it in one of the IP threads here but you can also scroll down to the first few comments on that Serious Eats recipe to read my experience.  There was so much liquid after releasing pressure that it took forever to reduce using the sauté function.  No time saving in the end.