• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

8 hours ago, ambra said:

This year we aren't doing it. My son is especially heartbroken. But I promised him we'd try a Thanksgiving in Spring party, if all goes well. We will do a small Thanksgiving, for just us, but I'm not sure what to cook yet. I don't want an 8 kg turkey for three people. I'm not a fan of the breast. Here you can only get it skinless and boneless and I'm not good at cooking it. It's usually dry. 

Oh please not the dreaded turkey breast roll!  I read a take on roast chicken being done as Pandemic comfort food at the newish Winner in Brooklyn, NYC: a plump quality hen salted,  smoked lightly, then spatchcocked and roasted. The drippings basting small potatoes. Kind of a traditional yet festive sounding prep of good portions for 3. .

heidih

heidih

8 hours ago, ambra said:

This year we aren't doing it. My son is especially heartbroken. But I promised him we'd try a Thanksgiving in Spring party, if all goes well. We will do a small Thanksgiving, for just us, but I'm not sure what to cook yet. I don't want an 8 kg turkey for three people. I'm not a fan of the breast. Here you can only get it skinless and boneless and I'm not good at cooking it. It's usually dry. 

Oh please not the dreaded turkey breast roll!  I read a take on roast chicken being done as Pandemic comfort food at the newish Winner in Brooklyn, MYC: a plump quality hen salted,  smoked lightly, then spatchcocked and roasted. The drippings basting small potatoes. Kind of a traditional yet festive sounding prep of good portions for 3. .