• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

5 minutes ago, MokaPot said:

Pretty amazing to get 2 gallons from 6 turkey necks (plus your vegetables).

I imagine the roasting adds mileage. She is a pro at this technique. My problem is the local markets don't stock stock parts - this is breast land! I can order through the butcher guys.  My friends and I have arrived at the conclusion that this may be virtual Zoom Thanksgiving.. Nobody is sick (grateful) but too dicey. I am thinking a roasted turkey stock turned into a soul warming soup (love soup) with craisin cornbread on the side.

heidih

heidih

1 minute ago, MokaPot said:

Pretty amazing to get 2 gallons from 6 turkey necks (plus your vegetables).

I imagine the roasting adds mileage. She is a pro at this technique. My problem is the local markets don't stock stock parts - this is breast land! I can order through the butcher guys.  My friends and I have arrived at he conclusion that this may be virtual Zoom Thanksgiving.. Nobody is sick (grateful) but too dicey. I am thinking a roasted turkey stock turned into a soul warming soup (love soup) with craisin cornbread on the side.