• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

1 hour ago, Tropicalsenior said:

Only if it's turkey gravy. Doesn't say. Says that it is restaurant inspired. What restaurant? Joe's greasy spoon!

I see it most often credited to Mason Hereford, chef at Turkey and the Wolf* in New Orleans, as in this BA article, but my sandwich mentor, Max Halley, also includes it in his cookbook (Ultimate Christmas Leftovers Sandwich)and in recipes he’s shared online like this modification with both gravy mayo and Bloody Mary ketchup or this braised beef sandwich. 
I’m not lining up to buy a Hellmans version but in the right hands, I think it’s a genius condiment!

*Hereford's cookbook(eG-friendly Amazon.com link) will be out next month but I don’t see a gravy mayo recipe listed 😉

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

58 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

Only if it's turkey gravy. Doesn't say. Says that it is restaurant inspired. What restaurant? Joe's greasy spoon!

I see it most often credited to Mason Hereford, chef at Turkey and the Wolf in New Orleans, as in this BA article, but my sandwich mentor, Max Halley, also includes it in his cookbook (Ultimate Christmas Leftovers Sandwich)and in recipes he’s shared online like this modification with both gravy mayo and Bloody Mary ketchup or this braised beef sandwich. 
I’m not lining up to buy a Hellmans version but in the right hands, I think it’s a genius condiment!