• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 4/11/2020 at 10:22 AM, jedovaty said:

I really like these kinds of light broth soups - could you share the ingredients, well.. clam and mustard greens, what else?  I'd like to love to learn how to make soups like this :)

It's very simple. I use a homemade stock - in this case chicken stock, but I've used fish stock or even vegetable stock in the past. To the stock I add finely chopped garlic (a lot in my case, but to taste), chopped red chillies, salt and lashings of white pepper. It should be a spicy, peppery soup, but again, that's to taste. I then let that simmer for about ten to fifteen minutes before adding the clams. As they open (almost immediately), I fish them out and set aside. When all are open (or discarded if they fail to open), I add torn up mustard leaves and let them wilt for a minute, then reintroduce the clams and serve.

liuzhou

liuzhou

9 hours ago, jedovaty said:

I really like these kinds of light broth soups - could you share the ingredients, well.. clam and mustard greens, what else?  I'd like to love to learn how to make soups like this :)

It's very simple. I use a homemade stock - in this case chicken stock, but I've used fish stock or even vegetable stock in the past. To the stock I add finely chopped garlic (a lot in my case, but to taste), chopped red chillies, salt and lashings of white pepper. It should be a spicy, peppery soup, but again, that's to taste. I then let that simmer for about ten to fifteen minutes before adding the clams. As they open (almost immediately), I fish them out and set aside. When all are open (or discarded if they fail to open) I add torn up mustard leaves and let them wilt for a minute, then reintroduce the clams and serve.

liuzhou

liuzhou

4 minutes ago, jedovaty said:

It's very simple. I use a homemade stock - in this case chicken stock, but I've used fish stock or even vegetable stock in the past. To the stock I add finely chopped garlic (a lot in my case, but to taste), chopped red chillies, salt and lashings of white pepper. It should be a spicy, peppery soup, but again, that's to taste. I then let that simmer for about ten to fifteen minutets before adding the clams. As they open (almost immediately), I fish them out and set aside. When all are open (or discarded if they fail to open) I add torn up mustard leaves and let them wilt for a minute, then reintroduce the clams and serve.