• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TechieTechie

TechieTechie

Well, about a year ago, I purchased a very lightly used KA 590 FP (US Magimix)...have been using it for months and I love it. However, I noticed that the bowl and lid are cracked (I think they were cracked when I bought it). No worries, I say, I'll find some backup bowls on fleabay to have some on my 'inventory' shelf (you can take the girl out of a commercial kitchen, but you can't rid the brain of the concept of min/max inventory levels)

Well, bien sur, the bowls are NOWHERE to be found. Grr, should have checked stock before I bought. Oh well.

Well, okay, I bite the Black Friday bullet and buy a new Magimix 3200xl ($250, good deal, I think) and some backup fleabay bowls. Well, they arrived yesterday, and lo and behold, the MagiMix bowls/lid/pusher work like a charm on the KA....even with the KA blades.

So, the question(s) on ze table

1. How long do your MagiMix bowls last? I use the FP 1x a month to shred up 50lbs or so of cooked chicken for the pup. I'm thinking these new bowls will last me several years (they are NOT returnable). I do put them in the DW, but do not use heated dry.

2. How often does MagiMix change out its design? (wondering if I should keep the Magi as a backup if they change design every few years).

3. The money question, literally......Should I return the shiny new Magimix and keep the KA/Magibowl combo running until it dies? I've got 2 extra MagiBowls, 1 lid (and I need a pusher, didn't realize the pusher is separate).

I don't have a ton of extra room to store it, but I could. I hate to blow money when I don't have to (and much prefer to run things until they die), but I hate to return the Magimix if its going to be replaced by a new model in a few years (and the bowls become obsolete).

Grr.

TechieTechie

TechieTechie

Well, about a year ago, I purchased a very lightly used KA 590 FP (US Magimix)...have been using it for months and I love it. However, I noticed that the bowl and lid are cracked (I think they were cracked when I bought it). No worries, I say, I'll find some backup bowls on fleabay to have some on my 'inventory' shelf (you can take the girl out of a commercial kitchen, but you can't rid the brain of the concept of min/max inventory levels)

Well, bien sur, the bowls are NOWHERE to be found. Grr, should have checked stock before I bought. Oh well.

Well, okay, I bite the Black Friday bullet and buy a new Magimix 3200xl ($250, good deal, I think) and some backup fleabay bowls. Well, they arrived yesterday, and lo and behold, the MagiMix bowls/lid/pusher work like a charm on the KA....even with the KA blades.

1. How long do your MagiMix bowls last? I use the FP 1x a month to shred up 50lbs or so of cooked chicken for the pup. I'm thinking these new bowls will last me several years (they are NOT returnable). I do put them in the DW, but do not use heated dry.

2. How often does MagiMix change out its design? (wondering if I should keep the Magi as a backup if they change design every few years).

3. The money question, literally......Should I return the shiny new Magimix and keep the KA/Magibowl combo running until it dies? I've got 2 extra MagiBowls, 1 lid (and I need a pusher, didn't realize the pusher is separate).

I don't have a ton of extra room to store it, but I could. I hate to blow money when I don't have to, but I hate to return the Magimix if its going to be replaced by a new model in a few years.

Grr.

TechieTechie

TechieTechie

Well, okay, I bite the Black Friday bullet and buy a new Magimix 3200xl ($250, good deal, I think) and some backup bowls. Well, they arrived yesterday, and lo and behold, the MagiMix bowls/lid/pusher work like a charm on the KA....even with the KA blades.

I don't have a ton of extra room to store it, but I could. I hate to blow money when I don't have to, but I hate to return the Magimix if its going to be replaced by a new model in a few years.

Grr.

TechieTechie

TechieTechie

Well, about a year ago, I purchased a very lightly used KA 590 FP (US Magimix)...have been using it for months and I love it. However, I noticed that the bowl and lid are cracked (I think they were cracked when I bought it). No worries, I say, I'll find some backup bowls on fleabay to have some on my 'inventory' shelf (you can take a girl out of a commercial kitchen, but you can't get rid the brain of the concept of inventory!!!)

Well, okay, I bite the Black Friday bullet and buy a new Magimix 3200xl ($250, good deal, I think) and some backup bowls. Well, they arrived yesterday, and lo and behold, the MagiMix bowls/lid/pusher work like a charm on the KA....even with the KA blades.

Grr.

TechieTechie

TechieTechie

Well, about a year ago, I purchased a very lightly used KA 590 FP (US Magimix)...have been using it for months and I love it. However, I noticed that the bowl and lid are starting to crack. No worries, I say, I'll find some on fleabay to have some back stock. Well, bien sur, they are NOWHERE to be found. Grr, should have checked stock before I bought. Oh well.

Grr.