• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

47 minutes ago, weinoo said:

I'm wondering if there's any way you can wear a first layer of cotton glove and then top that with the food handling glove?

Yes.  The scientific supply houses (and I'm sure Amazon) sell lightweight cotton glove liners.  It can take some looking to find the best fit, especially for smaller hands but they're out there.  The nicest ones fit well and can be laundered and re-used.  Others stretch out and don't last very well. 

Edited to add that sturdier ones are also sold in art supply stores for handling archival materials but they can also be used as glove liners. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

42 minutes ago, weinoo said:

I'm wondering if there's any way you can wear a first layer of cotton glove and then top that with the food handling glove?

Yes.  The scientific supply houses (and I'm sure Amazon) sell lightweight cotton glove liners.  It can take some looking to find the best fit, especially for smaller hands but they're out there.  The nicest ones fit well and can be laundered and re-used.  Others stretch out and don't last very well.