• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

eugenep

eugenep

• What is your first impression of the product?

wow. that's beautiful, modern design that's very urban 

• How much do you think this lemon squeezer would cost?

In the teens $15-$18  

• Might you be interested in such a product?

I would get something like that if my kitchen tools were visible in my kitchen (and not in a cupboard) 

It looks very bulky in photo (but maybe actual size or post-prototype version would be smaller) 

I think I would get it if it were small, compact enough to not take up too much space in the house or cupboard 

***the photo makes it look big like a bowl but it looks like it's the size of 2 lemons which is smaller than it appears so there's a chance people might buy it once the dimensions are clear (place person next to it in an ad) 

eugenep

eugenep

• What is your first impression of the product?

• How much do you think this lemon squeezer would cost?

In the teens $15-$18  

• Might you be interested in such a product?

I would get something like that if my kitchen tools were visible in my kitchen (and not in a cupboard) 

It looks very bulky in photo (but maybe actual size or post-prototype version would be smaller) 

I think I would get it if it were small, compact enough to not take up too much space in the house or cupboard 

eugenep

eugenep

I would pay less than $20 for it - like in the teens $18 etc - since I don't use a citrus juicer 

and I think other citrus juicer's are likely priced there 

but I would pay a premium for the design 

how much depends on my need I guess 

I would pay more if the materials were special and well engineered (or if the ads convinced me it was even if it's not); the use got great reviews from Consumer Reports, Chris Kimball etc; but my base comparison would be how similar products are priced and how much the seller wanted as a premium for the design 

Hmmm...if it had the above, I wouldn't pay more than $50

$30s in pricey but maybe 

$20s is something I would pay for  

eugenep

eugenep

I would pay less than $20 for it - like in the teens $18 etc - since I don't use a citrus juicer 

and I think other citrus juicer's are likely priced there 

but I would pay a premium for the design 

how much depends on my need I guess