• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CatIsHungry

CatIsHungry

Dang I talk a lot - sorry 😐

@kayb and @Shelby Thank you so much! The basket and tray size / bags / how much variety is exactly what’s Im looking for ... I swear this stuff is worse for me than choosing what exactly to put in the baskets themselves 🤦🏻‍♀️

@Shelby if you don’t mind if I ask - about what size were your baskets you used (Generallly speaking) ???

I’d love to gift bread because everyone loves it but - I just don’t have it in me to do it this year 😔 - it will be hard enough to have it for our Christmas table and sending it to the in-laws - so everyone else will have to suck it (forgive the expression) ... 

Spiced Nuts are on my list as well as Cheerios Nuts -n- Bolts

- couple of different types of fudge

- couple of diff cookie bars (one cookie butter -one sugar cookie)

- a few different truffles - I’m still deciding but I’m looking at pecan pie, coconut cream, Samoa’s, salted caramel, and there’s a couple more but I can’t think of them off the top of my head)

- Pound Cake Cookies, oatmeal crack pie cookies? But I need to test that first - I don’t know

— homemade marshmallows (I got some mini cutters in winter shapes to cut them out - ha! Plans - we’ll see - might be squares 😉

and hot chic mix,

and - and - dang - i think that’s it?

—- I worry about having enough variety 😔 - Dang - I look back at the list and it sure doesn’t look like much 😳 ... darnit 

(

CatIsHungry

CatIsHungry

@kayb and @Shelby Thank you so much! The basket and tray size / bags / how much variety is exactly what’s Im looking for ... I swear this stuff is worse for me than choosing what exactly to put in the baskets themselves 🤦🏻‍♀️

@Shelby if you don’t mind if I ask - about what size were your baskets you used (Generallly speaking) ???

I’d love to gift bread because everyone loves it but - I just don’t have it in me to do it this year 😔 - it will be hard enough to have it for our Christmas table and sending it to the in-laws - so everyone else will have to suck it (forgive the expression) ... 

Spiced Nuts are on my list as well as Cheerios Nuts -n- Bolts

- couple of different types of fudge

- couple of diff cookie bars (one cookie butter -one sugar cookie)

- a few different truffles - I’m still deciding but I’m looking at pecan pie, coconut cream, Samoa’s, salted caramel, and there’s a couple more but I can’t think of them off the top of my head)

- Pound Cake Cookies, oatmeal crack pie cookies? But I need to test that first - I don’t know

— homemade marshmallows (I got some mini cutters in winter shapes to cut them out - ha! Plans - we’ll see - might be squares 😉

and hot chic mix,

and - and - dang - i think that’s it?

—- I worry about having enough variety 😔 - Dang - I look back at the list and it sure doesn’t look like much 😳 ... darnit