• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

15 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

...I will go to the nursing home at 2pm with a Thanksgiving dinner for my mom....

I am really jealous of your cooling turkey stock.    I haven't begun yet.   

I hope you and your mom have a sweet meal celebrating a real "thanksgiving" for being together.     i actually prefer a communal dinner where disparate guests bring something meaningful from their past.    I will never forget the ravioli my Italian sister-in-law used to bring from her Genovese mother's kitchen to our Thanksgiving.   My father's New England side looked somewhat askance at them but I thought they were from heaven.

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

15 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

...I will go to the nursing home at 2pm with a Thanksgiving dinner for my mom....

I am really jealous of your cooking turkey stock.    I haven't begun yet.   

I hope you and your mom have a sweet meal celebrating a real "thanksgiving" for being together.     i actually prefer a communal dinner where disparate guests bring something meaningful from their past.    I will never forget the ravioli my Italian sister-in-law used to bring from her Genovese mother's kitchen to our Thanksgiving.   My father's New England side looked somewhat askance at them but I thought they were from heaven.