• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Word change: from "usual" to "new and unusual". Slip of the fingers.

I've missed Lisa's voice since the holidays, and I'm sorry I won't be seeing her here again. She was clearly and patently a teacher: happy to answer questions and provide clear instruction. I learned a lot about knife skills from her, and a new and unusual technique for making hash over a campfire. I'm thankful for her presence and years here.

Smithy

Smithy

I've missed Lisa's voice since the holidays, and I'm sorry I won't be seeing her here again. She was clearly and patently a teacher: happy to answer questions and provide clear instruction. I learned a lot about knife skills from her, and a usual technique for making hash over a campfire. I'm thankful for her presence and years here.