• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

6 hours ago, Jim D. said:

I did look at the Chocolat-Chocolat site (they have prices in U.S. dollars), but it's really difficult to know whether the shipping charges and import duty are better than from Belgium, given that the prices are higher to start with

You won't pay import duties on stuff from Chocolat-Chocolat, just shipping and your bank might have a foreign transaction fee, mine's is around 3%  I just bought some colored cocoa butter and a couple of molds from them.

I ❤️ 🇨🇦

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

5 hours ago, Jim D. said:

I did look at the Chocolat-Chocolat site (they have prices in U.S. dollars), but it's really difficult to know whether the shipping charges and import duty are better than from Belgium, given that the prices are higher to start with

You won't pay import duties on stuff from Chocolat-Chocolat, just shipping and your bank might have a foreign transaction fee, mine's is around 3%  I feel like their shipping charges aren't bad, and the exchange rate with Canada is very good for us right now.  I just bought some colored cocoa butter and a couple of molds.

I ❤️ 🇨🇦

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

You won't pay import duties on stuff from Chocolat-Chocolat, just shipping and your bank might have a foreign transaction fee, mine's is around 3%  I feel like their shipping charges aren't bad, and the exchange rate with Canada is very good for us right now.  I just bought some cocoa butter and a couple of molds.

I ❤️ 🇨🇦

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

You won't pay import duties on stuff from Chocolat-Chocolat, just shipping and your bank might have a foreign transaction fee, mine's is around 3%  I feel like their shipping charges aren't bad, and the exchange rate with Canada is very good for us right now.  I just bought some cocoa butter and a couple of molds, I ❤️ 🇨🇦