• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate not tempering with machine

eglies

Hey guys :) 

Im having difficulties with my tempering machine. The chocolate is not in temper. Ive made several tests and they all have certain marks on. 

Im in a hot country so i make sure to have my mould in temper and then i pop them in the fridge to make sure they set properly. 

Any tips? Something i should be considering? 

Anything would be of great help!!!! 

6 minutes ago, eglies said:

Hey guys :)

Im having difficulties with my tempering machine. The chocolate is not in temper. Ive made several tests and they all have certain marks on. 

Im in a hot country so i make sure to have my mould in temper and then i pop them in the fridge to make sure they set properly. 

Any tips? Something i should be considering? 

Anything would be of great help!!!! 

What is your machine?

What then are your tank temperatures and chocolate temperatures? If your chocolate temperature is 31.3 - that seems a bit high - go for something between 30.0 and 31.0.

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)