• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

I originally saw this on Twitter on August 4 and again a few days later and found this link.

If you have a twitter account, you can do a search for Seamus Blackley  and follow dozens of tweets about his "adventures in yeast, dough and breads"  - not something you would usually see from a PHYSICIST!   He shows where he is milling with emmer. and then the various breads.  It's a very interesting thread.

and I saved the link to The Guardian article:   and the BBC article

And I tweeted about the  National Geographic production when Ed Wood helped reconstruct an ancient Egyptian bakery back in 1993. (they were excavated in 1991)   That set Ed on a search for other strains of  wild yeasts  which became the Sourdo.Com selections of various cultures from around the world.

I have posted in much earlier threads about my adventures with some of these strains, back when I was doing a lot more baking.

P.S.  There is also on Twitter - an  Ancient Yeast Club!

andiesenji

andiesenji

I originally saw this on Twitter on August 4 and again a few days later and found this link.

If you have a twitter account, you can do a search for Seamus Blackley  and follow dozens of tweets about his "adventures in yeast, dough and breads"  - not something you would usually see from a PHYSICIST!   He shows where he is milling with emmer. and then the various breads.  It's a very interesting thread.

and I saved the link to The Guardian article:   and the BBC article

And I tweeted about the  National Geographic production when Ed Wood helped reconstruct an ancient Egyptian bakery back in 1993. (they were excavated in 1991)   That set Ed on a search for other strains of  wild yeasts  which became the Sourdo.Com selections of various cultures from around the world.

I have posted in much earlier threads about my adventures with some of these strains, back when I was doing a lot more baking.