• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Whiskey Mac

Rover

What a great winter drink! Had one last night in a pub - about half and half but they put ice in it. Bleugh. Not sure what the "correct" proportions are but I like them with no more than the same amount of ginger wine as whisky, and sometimes about 1:2 wine:whisky.

I hate ginger wine, but somehow, when you make it into a Whiskey Mac I love it :biggrin:

I have an aunt who prefers Brandy Macs.

I generally prefer Crabbes (sp?) ginger wine.

I'd generally make it on a 50:50 basis with 1 icecube if treating a sore throat, or warm it in the microwave if treating a cold.

Thanks, Samantha & Winot - experiments and tastings shall commence this evening ... my excuse is a sore throat which I'm certain will be instantly cured by Dr. Whisky Mac. :smile:

Experiments and trials successfully completed. A perfect winter drink and the combination was beautifully smooth and rounded. This was an ideal nightcap for a sore throat; warming and soothing. A really nice addition to the winter collection.