• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

Odd "man" out here.    When we wanted to replace our countertops, I asked DH if we were rich enough for me to have exactly what I wanted, not what was populart    He said yes, and I picked Formica.   Yup, good old-fashioned Formica.     We have a six burner stove plus a slab of distressed marble nearby where I plunk hot pans.    I have loved the simple clean up,    Worry free re spilled acids.    We have a marble top kitchen table that I use for doughs and pasta.  

Marble and stone put food on a relative's table for 20 years.   He was in the stone refinishing and rehabilitation business.    I'm sure that readers here are more savvy and careful than his clients.   

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

Odd "man" out here.    When we wanted to replace our countertops, I asked DH if we were rich enough for me to have exactly what I wanted, not what was populart.    He said yes, and I picked Formica.   Yup, good old-fashioned Formica.     We have a six burner stove plus a slab of distressed marble nearby where I plunk hot pans.    I have loved the simple clean up,    Worry free re spilled acids.    We have a marble top kitchen table that I use for doughs and pasta.  

Marble and stone put food on a relative's table for 20 years.   He was in the stone refinishing and rehabilitation business.    I'm sure that readers here are more savvy and careful than his clients.