• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

Indeed every food presents multiple treatment opportunities for a cook.    it is interesting to me to read about others' tastes and inventiveness.    I don't have to like a flavor spectrum to appreciate it.    To me, it's interesting how our pasts mold our presents,.   How one person's mandate is another's aversion.   

ETA, lemon is a different and very interesting flavor.    I cannot get enough of it, especially Meyer lemon, while DH finds any hint of lemon "sour".     interestingly, he doesn't find most vinegars particularly sour, especially compared to lemon, spoon per spoon.

As someone said, we aren't a melting pot.   We are a tossed salad.

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

Indeed every food presents multiple treatment opportunities for a cook.    it is interesting to me to read about others' tastes and inventiveness.    I don't have to like a flavor spectrum to appreciate it.    To me, it's interesting how our pasts mold our presents,.   How one person's mandate is another's aversion.   

As someone said, we aren't a melting pot.   We are a tossed salad.