• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

patris

patris

I will look into arranging a factory tour. Fowler’s would be ideal as they are in the same industrial park as Tomric, but I think they only do one tour a year and it’s for charity. I’ll check it out though. I suspect we’d have better luck with another company, Platters, which is a bit north of the city. They have a large production facility and I believe their production area is viewable, so I think a tour would be more in their wheelhouse. They do make sponge candy and other confections on site and have a large enrobing line. Watsons would be another good choice - they are very well known here and also make sponge candy.

Any sense of what day/rough time frame would be right?

patris

patris

I will look into arranging a factory tour. Fowler’s would be ideal as they are in the same industrial park as Tomric, but I think they only do one tour a year and it’s for charity. I’ll check it out though. I suspect we’d have better luck with another company, Platters, which is a bit north of the city. They have a large production facility and I believe their production area is viewable, so I think a tour would be more in their wheelhouse. They do make sponge candy and other confections on site and have a large enrobing line.

Any sense of what day/rough time frame would be right?