• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

Omission

We have a lot of other grains: bulger, toasted kasha, quinoa, oats, barley, brown rice, red rice, wild rice, and some I'm forgetting. Sweet potatoes.

I admit that I'm a breadoholic, I blame it on my dad. I have a bread machine. My favourite bread comes from Bread In Half The Time from Eckhardt & Butts which is a combination of bread flour, white whole wheat flour and semolina. It's wonderful as is for about 3 days (DH doesn't eat much bread). After 3 days, I toast it. It rarely goes blue . . . Another favourite bread uses up all the cheese ends in one's fridge. I have a lot of bread machine recipes for different kinds of bread.

I just made sweet potato dough in the bread machine and then baked the rolls. Generally, I find that rolls get stale on the second day, so they don't last as long as a loaf.

Edited to add: Oh, and beans!

TdeV

TdeV

We have a lot of other grains: bulger, toasted kasha, quinoa, oats, barley, brown rice, red rice, wild rice, and some I'm forgetting. Sweet potatoes.

I admit that I'm a breadoholic, I blame it on my dad. I have a bread machine. My favourite bread comes from Bread In Half The Time from Eckhardt & Butts which is a combination of bread flour, white whole wheat flour and semolina. It's wonderful as is for about 3 days (DH doesn't eat much bread). After 3 days, I toast it. It rarely goes blue . . . Another favourite bread uses up all the cheese ends in one's fridge. I have a lot of bread machine recipes for different kinds of bread.

I just made sweet potato dough in the bread machine and then baked the rolls. Generally, I find that rolls get stale on the second day, so they don't last as long as a loaf.