• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

I had a Beyond Meat at Carl's Jr several months ago.    I liked it.    I don't order hamburger at fast food places.    Accompanying DH on cross country drives, I am satisfied with veggie burger (I swear that I have ordered the only veggie burger in stock at many of these places, certainly in France on a Monday when everything else in the village was locked up tight,)  or a fish"burger".    To me, it's mostly in the quality of the bun, condiments and veggies.    That said, the Beyond Meat was very good IMHO.    I would order it again in the same circumstances.   My only complaint was that it was BIG!     AIR, it was around or under $5.

873373315_photo1.thumb.JPG.e1114a4f4e8b792633856ec9a5a54fdd.JPG      419730516_photo2-1.thumb.JPG.b6b4e82d9546c2bbb5fcbf8e3d3317a2.JPG

ETA, as someone who is not risk averse, I wouldn't be above picking up a token amount of the stock.    

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

I had a Beyond Meat at Carl's Jr several months ago.    I liked it.    I don't order hamburger at fast food places.    Accompanying DH on cross country drives, I am satisfied with veggie burger (I swear that I have ordered the only veggie burger in stock at many of these places, certainly in France on a Monday when everything else in the village was locked up tight,)  or a fish"burger".    To me, it's mostly in the quality of the bun, condiments and veggies.    That said, the Beyond Meat was very good IMHO.    I would order it again in the same circumstances.   My only complaint was that it was BIG!     AIR, it was around or under $5.

873373315_photo1.thumb.JPG.e1114a4f4e8b792633856ec9a5a54fdd.JPG      419730516_photo2-1.thumb.JPG.b6b4e82d9546c2bbb5fcbf8e3d3317a2.JPG