• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Jersey Monthly Restaurant Poll

Rosie

Now you can vote online for your favorite New Jersey restaurants on the New Jersey Monthly annual Readers' Choice Restaurant Poll.

Just click here:

New Jersey Monthly Reader's Choice Restaurant Poll

to take part in this survey. The entry deadline is March 14, 2003 and the results will be posted in the August New Jersey Monthly magazine and online. Three regions are being represented:

North: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, Union, and Warren counties

Central: Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, and Somerset counties

South: Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Ocean, and Salem counties

The Readers' Choice Restaurant Poll is your chance to decide which are the best dining spots in the Garden State. By submitting a ballot you also become eligible for a prize to be awarded by random drawing: dinner for two at the restaurant named Best of the Best in your region.

All responses are confidential. Your name, street address, e-mail address, and phone number are required for your ballot to be counted, and this information will be used to notify you if you win the drawing. New Jersey Monthly does not hold onto the names for other use, they strictly help with fraud control. Restaurants assisting in the submission of poll ballots and restaurants distributing ballots or magazines containing them will be disqualified. New Jersey Monthly reserves the right to reject ballots that appear to have been submitted improperly.

Every vote in the Readers' Choice Restaurant Poll counts. An outside auditing firm is used to ensure that all votes are counted and treated fairly. The auditing team also inspects the ballots for signs of ballot stuffing and other fraud. So please vote!

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

• 2 weeks later...

Let me be the first to wager a guess that The Manor, Highlawn Pavillion and Rams Head Inn will all win some type of award for a record straight number of years. One may wonder, is it just a coincidence that they do a full page color add in each months issue... :unsure:

Edited by RockADS21 (log)

A.D.S.

Yes, I really do believe it's a coincidence. I feel the same way as you when I read the Peoples Chocie awards, however, I also know for a fact that it is not influenced by the people working at the magazine. Unfortunately, I suppose that the people who vote in this poll also happen to be the people who go to the Manor and other restaurants that appear as winners on a regular basis, rather than the restaurants you or I may prefer. The only thing to do is to persuade all of your friends and all egullet members to vote. Perhaps then we will see some of the restaurant we think are the best.

Anthony--Every vote in the Readers' Choice Restaurant Poll counts. An outside auditing firm is used to ensure that all votes are counted and treated fairly. The auditing team also inspects the ballots for signs of ballot stuffing and other fraud. So please vote!

Your vote is important.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

• 3 weeks later...

I decided that China 46 was an acceptable Business Dining location. Bright room, not romantic, good food, large tables so you can look at papers, waiters that don't understand english very well so they don't care what you are talking about and won't benefit from insider trading, not too expensive. Sounds like a good place to do business to me.

Rosie,

Do you have to submit an answer for every category? For example, I don't do much Business Dining, so I can't think of an example that would fit for that category.

yes. it won't let you play unless you make up an answer for every question. :wink:

Dunno about that, maybe they tweaked the submission policy. They accepted my abbreviated response, I only answered a few of their questions.

I customized my name to see if they bombard me with junk mail and spam...

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Rosie,

Do you have to submit an answer for every category? For example, I don't do much Business Dining, so I can't think of an example that would fit for that category.

yes. it won't let you play unless you make up an answer for every question. :wink:

Dunno about that, maybe they tweaked the submission policy. They accepted my abbreviated response, I only answered a few of their questions.

I customized my name to see if they bombard me with junk mail and spam...

I did not submit a nomination for every category, and my submission was accepted. I chose not to make a nomination in certain categories because, in those cases, I didn't feel there was any NJ restaurant with which I was familiar that qualified. :sad: