• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

keychris

keychris

15 hours ago, Shelby said:

Ok.  Using the pineapple juice method, I now have two more starters going:

IMG_6386.JPG.9962e33995ea92baf3ec4f9b37675000.JPG

These both should be ready to use by next Wednesday.

Don't be surprised or disheartened if they're not. It takes time to build up the microbial population to a level where they can do what they need to in bread.

Edit to add: I just read the article you linked, if you're going to be making bread, get used to working by weight, not volume. It's much more reliable in getting consistent results. Have a read of the EG kitchen scale manifesto if you haven't already seen it :)

keychris

keychris

Don't be surprised or disheartened if they're not. It takes time to build up the microbial population to a level where they can do what they need to in bread.

Edit to add: I just read the article you linked, if you're going to be making bread, get used to working by weight, not volume. It's much more reliable in getting consistent results. Somewhere on EG is the kitchen scale manifesto, have a read of that if you haven't seen it :)

keychris

keychris