• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

This is not part of the farmers market per se but it is one of the reasons we went there, mainly so we could go to Schwartz's and also Patisserie Kouign Amann.  At Schwatz's John had the smoked meat sandwich  (I don't know what happened to the picture but the sandwich was huge) and we bought 4 pounds of smoked brisket and a big jar of their pickles.  At Patisserie Kouign Amann we bought a 12" kouign amann and 2 chocolatines.

All in all a great day except for the driving in downtown Montreal.

20191009_133148.jpg

20191009_175330.jpg

Edited to add:  the picture of Schwartz's is for @rotuts.  It was taken when we left the place.  When we first got there, the restaurant was jammed and I'd guess there were at least 50 people lined up to get in.

ElsieD

ElsieD

This is not part of the farmers market per se but it is one of the reasons we went there, mainly so we could go to Schwartz's and also Patisserie Kouign Amann.  At Schwatz's John had the smoked meat sandwich  (I don't know what happened to the picture but the sandwich was huge) and we bought 4 pounds of smoked brisket and a big jar of their pickles.  At Patisserie Kouign Amann we bought a 12" kouign amann and 2 chocolatines.

All in all a great day except for the driving in downtown Montreal.

20191009_133148.jpg

20191009_175330.jpg