• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Because Thanksgiving dinner was moved up sooner than I wanted, I was still finishing up at the last minute. I was still making gravy and slicing bread when people started arriving.  That is why I did not have time to take any pictures.  I brought ham back to the Thanksgiving table after many years absence. My uncle never ate any kind of fowl so we always had some ham along with the turkey. I started serving Heritage ham along with turkey because it is so good. People have started looking forward to it as much as the turkey.  This is a "Leftover Ham and Egg Salad" that is Charlie's favorite. I added some ham slices to my sandwich.  The following is a description of one of the farms that raises pigs for Heritage Foods.

Healthy Heritage Hogs

Unlike the overcrowded inhumane conditions of industrially farmed pigs, which makes up
97% of the dry, tasteless pork sold today, White Oak Pastures’ pigs forage on lush pastures
 and pecan groves, while also enjoying farm fresh eggs, nuts and grains. These
accommodations coupled with the mixed heritage breed of Tamworth, Berkshire, and
Gloucester Old Spot result in the most astonishingly healthy, full-flavored ham you will ever enjoy.

Ham n Egg Salad

Ingredients
2 c. Left over baked ham, diced very small
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. chopped celery
1/4 c. chopped sweet onion
1/4 c chopped dried apricots Have used dried apples and or golden raisins.
Salt and Pepper to taste

20191130_170741.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Because Thanksgiving dinner was moved up sooner than I wanted, I was still finishing up at the last minute. I was still making gravy and slicing bread when people started arriving.  That is why I did not have time to take any pictures.  I brought ham back to the Thanksgiving table after many years absence. My uncle never ate any kind of fowl so we always had some ham along with the turkey. I started serving Heritage ham along with turkey because it is so good.  This is a leftover ham and egg salad that is Charlie's favorite. I added some ham slices to my sandwich.  The following is a description of one of the farms that raised pigs for Heritage Foods.

Healthy Heritage Hogs

Unlike the overcrowded inhumane conditions of industrially farmed pigs, which makes up
97% of the dry, tasteless pork sold today, White Oak Pastures’ pigs forage on lush pastures
 and pecan groves, while also enjoying farm fresh eggs, nuts and grains. These
accommodations coupled with the mixed heritage breed of Tamworth, Berkshire, and
Gloucester Old Spot result in the most astonishingly healthy, full-flavored ham you will ever enjoy.

Ham n Egg Salad

Ingredients
2 c. Left over baked ham, diced very small
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. chopped celery
1/4 c. chopped sweet onion
1/4 c chopped dried apricots Have used dried apples and or golden raisins.
Salt and Pepper to taste

20191130_170741.jpg