• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

42 minutes ago, gfweb said:

I am not one to talk anybody out of their Food dislikes.

i despise cilantro and no amount of reasoned argument will make it not taste like soap. 

But perhaps you never had fresh corn? Canned and frozen corn is vile. 

I've most definitely had fresh corn. I live in the middle of one of the largest corn producing areas in the world. If I look out my kitchen window in my second home in the countryside, all I can see is miles of corn. I should really move.

What I never see is frozen or canned corn (or anything else).

BTW, I love cilantro, but I call it coriander.

liuzhou

liuzhou

16 minutes ago, gfweb said:

I am not one to talk anybody out of their Food dislikes.

i despise cilantro and no amount of reasoned argument will make it not taste like soap. 

But perhaps you never had fresh corn? Canned and frozen corn is vile. 

I've most definitely had fresh corn. I live in the middle of one of the largest corn producing areas in the world. If I look out my kitchen window in my second home in the countryside, all I can see is miles of corn. I should really move.

What I never see is frozen or canned.

BTW, I love cilantro, but I call it coriander.