• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, Dejah said:

Made Jamie Oliver's Assam Crispy Skin Duck tonight. The skin was scored and rubbed with olive oil, Assam tea leaves and Five Spice powder.

I've long thought tea is one of the most overlooked ingredients in food preparation.

Tea smoked duck from Sichuan and green tea stir fried shrimp from Hunan are two of my favourites.

And the local oil tea dish.

I'll  search out the Oliver recipe.

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, Dejah said:

Made Jamie Oliver's Assam Crispy Skin Duck tonight. The skin was scored and rubbed with olive oil, Assam tea leaves and Five Spice powder.

I've long thought tea is one of the most overlooked ingredients in food preparation.

Tea smoked duck from Sichuan and stir fried shrimp from Hunan are two of my favourites.

I'll  search out the Oliver recipe.

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, Dejah said:

Tea smoked duck from Sichuan and stir fried shrimp from Hunan are two of my favourites.

I'  search out the Oliver recipe.