• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

43 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I had this great-looking pasta

I remember many years ago in Italy on holiday, my then just pre-teenage daughter being delighted to find what she termed giggly pasta. To her great disappointment we couldn't find it back in London, until one day I discovered that gigli is another name for campanelle, which I could find. The delight on her face that evening's dinnertime is lodged in my memory.

When I was staying with her this summer on my much delayed trip to England, she served it to me! With a wistful smile on her lips.

liuzhou

liuzhou

35 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I had this great-looking pasta

I remember many years ago, my then just pre-teenage daughter being delighted in Italy to find what she termed giggly pasta. To her great disappointment we couldn't find it back in London, until one day I discovered that gigli is another name for campanelle, which I could find. The delight on her face that evening's dinnertime is lodged in my memory.

When I was staying with her this summer on my much delayed trip to England, she served it to me! With a wistful smile on her lips.