• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

I had a Cuisinart 11 cup from the mid-1980s until three years ago when I gave it to a neighbor who desperately needed one.

I also "had" a 14 cup Cuisinart that I bought in 1998 as a backup for my 20 cup and it was still working nicely until a month ago when it suffered a fatal accident.

I had used it, rinsed the parts and put them in the dishwasher, grabbed a dishtowel from the counter, which was unfortunately hiding the cord and I yanked it off the counter and it did not survived the impact with the floor. 

In fact, I just listed all the perfectly fine parts, all Made in Japan, not China! on ebay yesterday.

There are several on ebay, for very reasonable prices.  This is a workhorse of the line - as long as you get the "vintage" ones made before 2002.

I highly recommend it.   Look for a listing:  DLC-7 Cuisinart  or DLC  SERIES 7 CUISINART.  14 cup.  

Mine has an extra lid - the flat lid used for dough, or anything that did not need feeding, although it does have center access for adding liquids or whatever to doughs, I used it a lot for making crumb pie crusts. 

I still have my big 20 cup and will be more careful with it, but it is much too heavy to move the way it's little brother did.  

Here's one with a lot of extras:  eBay item number:152949213228

And one with some extras: eBay item number:253762141945

Here's the lineup of my three machines around 2005.

1919140811_ScreenShot2018-07-24at12_13_06PM.thumb.png.872675ea97bece89373aaaa59a8d4b1e.png

andiesenji

andiesenji

I had a Cuisinart 11 cup from the mid-1980s until three years ago when I gave it to a neighbor who desperately needed one.

I also "had" a 14 cup Cuisinart that I bought in 1998 as a backup for my 20 cup and it was still working nicely until a month ago when it suffered a fatal accident.

I had used it, rinsed the parts and put them in the dishwasher, grabbed a dishtowel from the counter, which was unfortunately hiding the cord and I yanked it off the counter and it did not survived the impact with the floor. 

In fact, I just listed all the perfectly fine parts, all Made in Japan, not China! on ebay yesterday.

There are several on ebay, for very reasonable prices.  This is a workhorse of the line - as long as you get the "vintage" ones made before 2002.

I highly recommend it.   Look for a listing:  DLC-7 Cuisinart  or DLC  SERIES 7 CUISINART.  14 cup.  

Mine has an extra lid - the flat lid used for dough, or anything that did not need feeding, although it does have center access for adding liquids or whatever to doughs, I used it a lot for making crumb pie crusts. 

I still have my big 20 cup and will be more careful with it, but it is much too heavy to move the way it's little brother did.  

Here's one with a lot of extras:  eBay item number:152949213228

And one with some extras: eBay item number:253762141945

andiesenji

andiesenji