• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

Ed bought me a 12-cup Cuisinart food processor a couple of years ago.  It weighs a ton.  A ton.  I have to keep it in a cupboard which means gearing up the muscles to take it out.  And it's SOOO big that storing the pieces takes three spots on my somewhat shallow shelving unit (which was fine with my last food processor).

Also the 'pusher assembly' is not something I would ever pick to own in a machine.  This is a photo from my unit.  This rod is skinny and plastic and you have to fit it into a larger part of the unit.  If it breaks...you are out of luck.   I haven't broken it...yet...because I treat it with the care I would use on fine crystal.  Unbelievable!

It has 'on' and 'pulse' and 'off'.  And while I don't like 24 choices for speed, I could have used more than the allotted ones.   

No, I am not really enthusiastic about it.  But you guessed that one.

ps.  Make that four places.

DSC00938.thumb.JPG.153311c10f326d0969e1c67aca0c6910.JPG

Darienne

Darienne

Ed bought me a 12-cup Cuisinart food processor a couple of years ago.  It weighs a ton.  A ton.  I have to keep it in a cupboard which means gearing up the muscles to take it out.  And it's SOOO big that storing the pieces takes three spots on my somewhat shallow shelving unit (which was fine with my last food processor).

Also the 'pusher assembly' is not something I would ever pick to own in a machine.  This is a photo from my unit.  This rod is skinny and plastic and you have to fit it into a larger part of the unit.  If it breaks...you are out of luck.   I haven't broken it...yet...because I treat it with the care I would use on fine crystal.  Unbelievable!

It has 'on' and 'pulse' and 'off'.  And while I don't like 24 choices for speed, I could have used more than the allotted ones.   

No, I am not really enthusiastic about it.  But you guessed that one.

DSC00938.thumb.JPG.153311c10f326d0969e1c67aca0c6910.JPG