• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jamal12

Jamal12

I think I have actually found out why most of these big chefs and these schools don't teach and encourage students to make their own couverture although there is  nothing wrong with this making your own . The students should be taught from scratch and not using ready made couverture that a big company has already made. Most of these big schools of pattieserie and chocolate making are sponsored by these callebaut and cacaobarry(I have nothing against these big companies) I am just asking why they don't teach the conventional way. You see on their outfits the chefs have their name and these big establishments aswell. So basically they are paid and sponsored to sell these big brands. I knew there was a commercial aspect in there because these big companies butter their bread so they are not going to teach their students to make your own couverture from scratch with cocoa butter and cocoa powder.Qnd leave out these brands. These schools use and make their clients and student use hundreds if not thousands of kilos of these major brands couverture

Jamal12

Jamal12

I think I have actually found out why most of these big chefs and these schools don't teach encourage students to make their own couverture although this no thing wrong with this making your own . They students should be taught from scratch not using ready made couverture that a big company has already made. Most of these big schools of pattieserie and chocolate making are sponsored by these callebaut and cacaobarry. You see on their outfits the chefs have their name and these big establishments aswell. So basically they are paid and sponsored to sell these big brands. I k ew there was a commercial aspect in there because these big companies butter their bread so they are not going to teach their students to make your own couverture from scratch with cocoa butter and cocoa powder.