• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FauxPas

FauxPas

59 minutes ago, Anna N said:

I like my cherries raw.  Never been much of a fan of cough syrup.xD

I tend to prefer cherries fresh also. Clafoutis, jams, pies, sauces are good but not as pleasing as the fresh fruit itself. I sometimes pit and halve them and serve them with a bit of ice cream or yogurt. But many times I just pit them in my mouth....  xD

@Anna N, how do you two like your Negroni mixed? Do you use equal proportions of the gin, Campari, vermouth? I prefer to use a bit less Campari. I believe my first Negroni was after reading about you and @Kerry Beal enjoying them and I found a bottle of Campari languishing at the back of the 'cabinet' and made a couple. My husband didn't like it that much (he loves Manhattans), but I have one every now and then. So thanks for that!   :)

FauxPas

FauxPas

58 minutes ago, Anna N said:

I tend to prefer cherries fresh also. Clafoutis, jams, pies, sauces are good but not as pleasing as the fresh fruit itself. I sometimes pit and halve them and serve them with a bit of ice cream or yogurt. But many times I just pit them in my mouth....  xD

@Anna N, how do you two like your Negroni mixed? Do you use equal proportions of the gin, Campari, vermouth? I prefer to use a bit less Campari. I believe my first Negroni was after reading about you and @Kerry Beal enjoying them and I found a bottle of Campari languishing at the back of the 'cabinet' and made a couple. My husband didn't like it, but I have one every now and then. So thanks for that!   :)

FauxPas

FauxPas

45 minutes ago, Anna N said:

@Anna N, how do you two like your Negroni mixed? Do you use equal proportions of the gin, Campari, vermouth? I prefer to use a bit less Campari. I believe my first Negroni was after reading about you and @Kerry Beal enjoying them and I found a bottle of Campari languishing at the back of the 'cabinet' and made a couple. My husband didn't like it, but I now have one every now and then. So thanks for that!   :)