• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

12 hours ago, Smokeydoke said:

I've never understood the Bittman-love either. He always came across to me as the new "Joy of Cooking".

55 minutes ago, gfweb said:

At least it is better than Joy of Cooking. By a big factor.

I recall a lot shouting  over on that other food site when I said t hat JoC was a POS a few years ago. It was like I said something nasty about people's mothers.

I always felt that "Joy" was a seminal cookbook for many.  Not only a cookbook either; how to set a table, and other important things.

Now, as to whether I actually cook from it, well - no.

But = perhaps this can be the beginning of another topic?

weinoo

weinoo

12 hours ago, Smokeydoke said:

I've never understood the Bittman-love either. He always came across to me as the new "Joy of Cooking".

51 minutes ago, gfweb said:

At least it is better than Joy of Cooking. By a big factor.

I recall a lot shouting  over on that other food site when I said t hat JoC was a POS a few years ago. It was like I said something nasty about people's mothers.

I always felt that "Joy" was a seminal cookbook for many.  Not only a cookbook either; how to set a table, and other important things.

Now, as to whether I actually cook from it, well - no.

But = perhaps this can be the beginning of another topic?