• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

eugenep

eugenep

I saw the documentary last night. It was kinda cool to see guys from Cleveland, OH and shots of the houses etc. 

I thought that point that Brandon made about how his job allows him to put on a suit and tie  (giving him self-esteem and sense of pride in what he's doing) in the morning was deep - like it made a lot of sense. 

I guess that's why some of us wants to work until we die and get depressed when we have to retire. 

And it's cool how Brandon has empathy for the ex-cons because he used to be one and a second chance was so meaningful to him. 

It looks like B experienced trauma or had a hard time growing up - maybe these past issues make him feel sad in the head sometimes.   

eugenep

eugenep

I saw the documentary last night. It was kinda cool to see guys from Cleveland, OH and shots of the houses etc. 

I thought that point that Brandon made about how his job allows him to put on a suit and tie  (giving him self-esteem and sense of pride in what he's doing) in the morning was deep - like it made a lot of sense. 

I guess that's why some of use wants to work until we die and get depressed when we have to retire. 

And it's cool how Brandon has empathy for the ex-cons because he used to be one and a second chance was so meaningful to him. 

It looks like B experienced trauma or had a hard time growing up - maybe these past issues make him feel sad in the head sometimes.   

eugenep

eugenep

I thought that point that Brandon made about how his job allows him to put on a suit and time (giving him self-esteem and sense of pride in what he's doing) in the morning was deep - like it made a lot of sense. 

I guess that's why some of use wants to work until we die and get depressed when we have to retire.