• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

It's going to be leftovers at the Smokey household for the next few days, so I decided to blog about my cookbook obsession instead.

Cookbooks. I love them. I never counted all of them, but I would say close to five hundred.

IMG_2877.JPG.7205f55656e49e9ecc70915875f0036b.JPG    IMG_2878.JPG.67198e8abbc0dd31c240eece67516ba5.JPG

It started when I peered through my husband's (untouched) collection and became fascinated by all the knowledge contained within. Before that, I was relying on allrecipes.com (gag!) and Food Network for all my recipes. Since then, I've amassed quite a few myself and have stolen a few from Mr. Smokey's library. I religiously cook from them and consider them old friends.

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

It's going to be leftovers at the Smokey household for the next few days, so I decided to blog about my cookbook obsession instead.

Cookbooks. I love them. I never counted all of them, but I would say close to five hundred.

IMG_2877.JPG.7205f55656e49e9ecc70915875f0036b.JPG    IMG_2878.JPG.67198e8abbc0dd31c240eece67516ba5.JPG

It started by peering through my husband's (untouched) collection and being fascinated by all the knowledge contained inside. Before that, I was relying on allrecipes.com (gag!) and Food Network for all my recipes. Since then, I've amassed quite a few myself and have stolen a few from Mr. Smokey's library. I religiously cook from them and consider them old friends.

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

It's going to be leftovers at the Smokey household for the next few days, so I decided to blog about my cookbook obsession tonight.

It started by peering through my husband's (untouched) collection and being fascinated by all the knowledge contained inside. Before that, I was relying on allrecipes.com (gag!) and Food Network for all my recipes. Since then, I've amassed quite a few myself and have stolen a few from Mr. Smokey's library. I religiously cook from them and consider them old friends.