• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

5 hours ago, Tri2Cook said:

If you like it, that's all that matters. I used to make the same disclaimers when posting here until I finally realized I don't give a flying fork about someone else's approval. So now I tend to think more in line with that old Starkist tuna commercial... I don't want cocktails with good taste, I want cocktails that taste good. Of course, quite often they can be both.

I absolutely agree! I'm not one for approval at all but it seems egullet tries hard to separate themselves from other food forums and I respect that. Besides, I'm not going to admit in public that I mixed a bottle of Osocalis with Triple Sec, that would make some readers cry. :o

Maybe someone can start another "newbie" guide to mix drinks? Then we can post our daiquiris and mai tais with reckless abandon. Hey, we all have to start somewhere!

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

5 hours ago, Tri2Cook said:

If you like it, that's all that matters. I used to make the same disclaimers when posting here until I finally realized I don't give a flying fork about someone else's approval. So now I tend to think more in line with that old Starkist tuna commercial... I don't want cocktails with good taste, I want cocktails that taste good. Of course, quite often they can be both.

I absolutely agree! I'm not one for approval at all but it seems egullet tries hard to separate themselves from other food forums and I respect that. Besides, I'm not going to admit in public that I mixed a bottle of Osocalis with Triple Sec, that would make some readers cry. :o

Maybe someone can start another "newbie" guide to mix drinks? Then we can post our daiquiris and mai tais with reckless abandon? Hey, we all have to start somewhere!