• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add link to recipe

Fava, Farro, Pecorino and Salami Salad from Six Seasons p 92.  The recipe is available online at this link.

IMG_8928.thumb.jpg.68c2c77ecf1bb61dca7eb7b319cdae9b.jpg

Kind of like eating an antipasto platter in a salad bowl. 

I used spelt instead of farro, Point Reyes Toma instead of pecorino fresco and frozen fava beans instead of fresh.  I'm sure fresh favas would be great but edamame or any number of other beans would work.

This is dressed very simply with red wine vinegar and olive oil and the sweet/tart flavor of the Katz brand vinegar that McFadden recommends added a lot. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Fava, Farro, Pecorino and Salami Salad from Six Seasons p 92

IMG_8928.thumb.jpg.68c2c77ecf1bb61dca7eb7b319cdae9b.jpg

Kind of like eating an antipasto platter in a salad bowl. 

I used spelt instead of farro, Point Reyes Toma instead of pecorino fresco and frozen fava beans instead of fresh.  I'm sure fresh favas would be great but edamame or any number of other beans would work.

This is dressed very simply with red wine vinegar and olive oil and the sweet/tart flavor of the Katz brand vinegar that McFadden recommends added a lot.