• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Best variation of the Raw Corn with Walnuts, Mint & Chile from p 222  so far is the leftovers that I had for breakfast.

IMG_8294.thumb.jpg.89482858e953bd26f3c66aff3787e0c9.jpg

I made the crostini on garlic-rubbed toast as above then slid the loaded slices back into the CSO to take the chill off the corn and whipped ricotta while I cooked a soft boiled egg to put on top.

More ground chiles sprinkled on top.

I was thinking that some crispy bacon crumbles would have been excellent here, though this version lets the sweet corn be the star of the plate.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Best variation of the Raw Corn with Walnuts, Mint & Chile from p 222  so far is the leftovers that I had for breakfast.

I made the crostini on garlic-rubbed toast as above then slid the loaded slices back into the CSO to take the chill off the corn and whipped ricotta while I cooked a soft boiled egg to put on top.

I was thinking that some crispy bacon crumbles on top would have been excellent here, though this version lets the sweet corn be the star of the plate.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I was thinking that some crispy bacon crumbles on top would have been excellent here, though this version still let the sweet corn be the star of the plate.