• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Fava Beans, Cilantro, New Potatoes and Baked Eggs p 96 served with the Slightly Tangy Flatbreads p 48, both from Six Seasons.

IMG_7702.thumb.jpg.26cebbf16ba70f4272b01884e36a4b51.jpg

I think this is as close to shakshuka as Six Seasons gets xD.  I can't say this dish does the most to show off the charm of fresh fava beans.  They're nice and all and it's fun to see them used in a different way from the other recipes in the book but I think this could be made with most any bean. 

The flatbreads are made with half whole wheat and half all purpose flour and the "slightly tangy" part comes from the yogurt used to make the dough. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Fava Beans, Cilantro, New Potatoes and Baked Eggs p 96 served with the Slightly Tangy Flatbreads p 48, both from Six Seasons.

IMG_7702.thumb.jpg.26cebbf16ba70f4272b01884e36a4b51.jpg

I think this is as close to shakshuka as Six Seasons gets xD.  I can't say this dish does the most to show off the charm of fresh fava beans.  They're nice and all and it's nice to see them used in a different way from the other recipes in the book but I think this could be made with most any bean. 

The flatbreads are made with half whole wheat and half all purpose flour and the "slightly tangy" part comes from the yogurt used to make the dough.