• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

49 minutes ago, heidih said:

Sounding quite similar, my intro to kale salad was from Melissa Clark's 2010 "In the Kitchen With a Good Appetite". I'm the kind of nut job that keeps the book on my nightstand in case I need a quick read to fuel sleeplesness/drive inspiration!  It must be Lacinto/dino/ kale & not the springy stuff. Raw garlic - well my friends give me a pass cuz they like my cooking. A top 10 on the crave list

kale.JPG

Excellent connection!  When Melissa Clark first wrote about that recipe in the NYT in 2007, she describes her experience with the dish at Fanny's, as prepared by Joshua McFadden, author of Six Seasons - full circle!

Edited to add:  In Six Seasons McFadden credits that write-up, "... But once it got written up in the New York Times, the world seemed to have an unending hunger for kale salads!"

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

41 minutes ago, heidih said:

Sounding quite similar, my intro to kale salad was from Melissa Clark's 2010 "In the Kitchen With a Good Appetite". I'm the kind of nut job that keeps the book on my nightstand in case I need a quick read to fuel sleeplesness/drive inspiration!  It must be Lacinto/dino/ kale & not the springy stuff. Raw garlic - well my friends give me a pass cuz they like my cooking. A top 10 on the crave list

clark.JPG

kale.JPG

Excellent connection!  When Melissa Clark first wrote about that recipe in the NYT in 2007, she describes her experience with the dish at Fanny's, as prepared by Joshua McFadden, author of Six Seasons - full circle!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

38 minutes ago, heidih said:

clark.JPG

kale.JPG

Excellent connection!  When Melissa Clark first wrote that recipe in the NYT in 2007, she describes her experience with the dish at Fanny's, as prepared by Joshua McFadden - full circle!